Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Body Reset - Day 1



I chose to begin the Body Reset today by walking - it's become my favorite exercise and one I haven't done enough of lately.  I got in over 9,000 steps today and felt so energized - thus I chose the above poster to emphasize what walking truly does for me - it energizes my life!   When I don't walk, I become lethargic and generally lacking energy.   

I did well on the Nutrition part of the program - even stopped my cravings for sweets!    


Food Journal:
Breakfast-   banana, toast (45 calorie bread) w/natural pb and honey.   

Imid-morning snack - Greek yogurt.  

For lunch, I had a quinoa salad packed with seeds and veggies and some fruit.   

Dinner consisted of homemade soup with beans, kale, spinach and veggies and a grilled tomato-cheese-bacon open face sandwich.  It was delicious!  

Today's Mindset :  This is what Nichole Kellerman (my online fitness coach) calls the LOVE ME homework and these are her instructions:


Write down these steps on a sticky note and paste it to your mirror so you remember them.


1. Look yourself in the eyes and really look into that bright light inside of you:
2. Tell yourself you forgive yourself for something that wasn't true (believing someone else's belief)
3. Say something you love about yourself
4. Say "I love you (your name)"
5. Say "Thank you" to your "Function (over form) Focus" body part
6. Visualize that light beaming out of you like a ray of sunshine


I've not done "mindset" activities such as these before but it's something that Nichole believes in strongly.  I see them as "self-esteem boosters" as many of us who struggle with weight issues feel defeated at times,  especially if our weight loss struggles have lasted for what seems a lifetime!   

No comments:

Post a Comment