Thursday, March 29, 2012

100 Days Challenge - Day 30 - Postpone Eating (but not postponing exercise!)

All the self-talk yesterday and the image with the post-its reminding me why I needed to exercise apparently worked!   I woke up and immediately did some stretches and pilates for about ten minutes. Later, in the morning, I took a two mile walk.   Felt good!  I need to add that exercise has always been my nemesis so whenever I can overcome my tendency to not exercise, I feel a real sense of accomplishment!

Since I started discussing reasons why I need to exercise, I'm going to discuss Reason #2:  Increased Energy.   Not surprisingly, I was feeling pretty lethargic this week - up until today.  Exercise does indeed energize us!    I've found that when I walk after not having walked in  a while,  I start off pretty slow, and then gradually gain momentum.  The longer I walk, the more energized I feel, and the more energized I feel, the more I actually WANT to exercise!   It took me four days this week before I finally decided that it was in my best interest to start my walks again!   Now, I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow's walk!  Next week, I plan to return to the pool.   I also want to "shake it up" with some other exercise tapes I have...stretches, strengthening and yoga.

I will discuss the topic for Day 30 - Postpone Eating - tomorrow.   Day 30 also ends another section of Linda Spangles's book.  This weekend I'll begin a new section -Day 31-40.   I am moving ahead in my journey, and now I'm back on target with my exercise as well as my food plan!

To be continued....

Saturday, March 31

Need to finish this entry as I want to start the new section.  New month, new section in the 100 Day Challenge!   Trying hard to stay committed to my journey...

So....back to the topic of "Postpone Eating".   I made the mistake of "postponing lunch" a couple of days ago and then when I was about to grab a bite to eat, one of our insurance agents was at the door! I had forgotten that we had set an appt with him!!  By the time he left, it was too close to dinner to eat lunch, but I was famished - so much so that while I was waiting for my dinner to be ready, I started snacking "uncontrollably"! A lesson learned, for sure!!   One does need to be careful when it comes to "postpone eating".   Actually, this topic is referring to "snacking", especially when we have an urge to eat sweets or salty snacks.   These days, my snacks are usually 'mini-meals' and are part of my food plan.  I've done well in avoiding sweets except for my occasional "splurges" with ice cream or frozen yogurt.  Even those, I've been able to keep the amount down to 1/2 cup at a time.

What did I do to demonstrate my commitment to my journey?


After fighting a bout of procrastination,  I've been back to exercising these past two days - yay, me!   On Thursday, I did a 2 mile walk in the neighborhood, and yesterday, I did a high intensity 30 minute Leslie Sansone tape called "Fast Walking".  Wow!  What a workout that was!  I've done stretches today and I'll probably do another tape as I got busy this morning cleaning out more closets and now it's too warm to walk outdoors.   Next week my goal is to return to lap swimming at the Y pool.

My food plan has been right on target.  Today, my menu consists of:
Breakfast - Fiber One cereal w/banana and unsweetened almond milk
Lunch - BIG salad with veggies (greens, tomatoes, 1/2 avocado, green peppers, mushrooms) and berries (blueberries and strawberries) - and a few strips of grilled chicken - with blueberry balsamic vinegar
Dinner -  salmon (6 oz) and veggies




No comments:

Post a Comment