Friday, March 16, 2012

100 Days Challenge - Day 23 - Savoring




 I have good news to share!   During my stay in San Antonio which was close to four weeks, I actually dropped over 4 pounds and I've lost double that number in the past two months!!  That means I'm back in "Onederland" again!  Yay!!   I was going to wait until my weigh-in day which is Monday, but curiosity got the best of me!  I'm going to weigh myself again in the early morning tomorrow as, today, it was already close to noon by the time I weighed myself.   I had had breakfast and lots of liquids - including coffee, OJ and water.   Normally, I do my "official" weigh-ins in the buff, as soon as I wake in the morning.   As I mentioned at the beginning of this blog, I had gained significant weight during the Fall and over the holidays - about ten pounds!  Now, I'm just a couple pounds away from being back to the weight I was before the weight gain!   It does appear that the challenge, the blog, the exercise routines, and the boundaries I have set within my program are indeed making a difference!   I chose the quotation above to remind myself that I need to continue my journey as sometimes when I attain a "certain number" on the scale, I start to relax and stop working as hard - which is why I've been a "maintainer" for years!  

I'm still "homebound" due to the viral infection I have, but I have been paying attention to my food intake.     I had a low energy day and bad coughing fits so I'm not doing well enough yet to return to my exercise regime.   However, I've decided to return to my "Do It Anyway"  mantra, and get in at least a 20 minute walk today.  Little by little, I want to return to my exercise routine.   Mind over matter.  Maybe if I can "will" myself to feel better, it just might work!

Now on to Day 23 of The Challenge - the topic is "Savoring".

Savoring...there are various definitions but these are the ones I think fit the best:

  1. Taste (good food or drink) and enjoy it completely.
  2. Enjoy or appreciate (something pleasant) completely, esp. by dwelling on it.
I did this yesterday as I gave myself a treat I hadn't had in a long while - one cup of frozen yogurt with strawberries with a teaspoon of Bailey's Irish Cream  (in honor of St. Patrick's Day of course!).   Because it was a "treat", I definitely savored each and every bite!   The creaminess of the frozen yogurt, the tartness of the strawberries and the distinctive flavor of Baileys - swirled together in a luscious cool dessert.   I ate it slowly, which made it even more enjoyable.    

1 comment:

  1. First, I have to thank you. Your post nudged me to return to the challenge. I am going out to dinner tonight so it's perfect to jump right to "Savoring." I am glad you are feeling better and absolutely congratulate you on your weight loss even though you were away from home and totally out of your routine and own environment.
    Just keep going - one foot in front of the other - as in any journey...
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete