Thursday, March 22, 2012

100 Days Challenge - Day 27- Eat Dessert When It's Special!

I certainly agree with today's topic.  We rarely have desserts other than the fruit and frozen yogurt I've mentioned on a number of blog entries.   As for pastries, cakes, etc - we keep them out of the house.  My husband enjoys baking cakes - and even has a collection of fancy bundt cake pans  -  including a heart, a fleur de lys, a cathedral, a wreath and I've forgotten what else...and he just ordered a gingerbread house "for the grandkids"!   He only bakes cakes to take to church socials, or to my Mom at her foster care home, or for other occasions - usually at someone else's house.   When we go out to dinner,  we also rarely order dessert.   We do of course enjoy desserts on special occasions - such as birthdays and holidays.

The exercise today is to make a list of favorite desserts, write a description of each one, and then decide on which occasions eating such desserts would be justified.   I am skipping this exercise because, once again, it is something I already do.   I've also found my solution to the frozen yogurt and fruit I do have at the house.  Yesterday, I simply topped a bowl of mixed berries with a TABLESPOON of frozen yogurt  (basically "two bites") and found that it was very satisfying.   With that, I'm still only having this "treat" once a week, as in Day 25's topic:  "Smaller Amounts, Less Often".   I actually find that now I've taken ownership of "my program" and have declared that I will protect my program, no-matter-what, keeping to my "boundaries" becomes less and less of a challenge.

What did I do today to demonstrate my total commitment to my program?


Today's Exercise:   35 minute walk

Food plan for today:
Breakfast - Fiber One cereal w/unsweetened almond milk and banana
Lunch - ham, bean and vegetable soup w/crackers and 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese
Snack - Greek yogurt, honey and 1 tsp granola
Dinner - turkey sausage and a large green salad w/dried cranberries and olives w/ff dressing


No comments:

Post a Comment