Wednesday, March 21, 2012

100 Days Challenge - Day 26 - 1st Day of the Spring Challenge





I did not have a great day today but I did accomplish one thing that I haven't done since I got sick a week and a half ago - and it proved to be exactly what I needed to lift my spirits!   I took a 30 minute walk outdoors, and it felt wonderful!  I had a setback today with this viral infection I've been dealing with the past 10 days or so - and had very bad coughing fits and congestion.   I also felt exhausted all day as I had had a restless night.   It was precisely because I had such a bad day that I decided I was going to do one thing positive for myself - take a long walk in the sun!  This was also the activity I had chosen to do today for the Spring Challenge which my friend and blogging buddy Miriam proposed this week.   She sent out a challenge at Dotties Weight Loss Zone that is starting today - for every day in Spring, we should do something - either for the delight of it, or to bring us closer to a goal. I had decided to walk outdoors as it had been something I hadn't been able to do for about two weeks.  Today was the first day we had sun after the cold front we had the past few days which included snow and hail. The temperatures had gone up about 20 degrees and I basked in the warmth during the entire walk.   I intend to take another long walk tomorrow - sunshine is the perfect antidote for one's health and attitude!  

Yesterday, I didn't blog as the topic for Day 26 was one I once again was unable to relate to though I may be able to relate to it at a later date.  The topic is "When Food Disappoints You".   How does one write about food being disappointed when it hasn't been?   The exercise was to once again eat a "treat" - and determine whether it met my expectations. If it didn't , then we are told to stop eating it.   The only treat I've given myself recently was frozen yogurt (most of you know by now that that is my #1 favorite treat) which is certainly never disappointing!   I also had a piece of chocolate this week which I haven't had in a long while - and it was heavenly!   :)   

What did I do today to demonstrate my commitment to this challenge?


I kept within my boundaries but widened the road a bit for a small treat!
My food plan for today:
Breakfast - 2 small fiber one muffins and coffee
Mid-morning snack - Greek yogurt w/honey and blueberries
Lunch - florentine omelet (made with 2 ff eggs) w/feta cheese and salsa
Dinner - ham, bean and vegetable soup (home-made and healthy!)
Dessert - mixed fruit topped with 1 tbsp frozen yogurt

Exercise - 32 minute walk

1 comment: