Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tuesday, January 3 - Renewed energy!

Apparently starting this blog has motivated me as I got out of the "slug" mode and kept active most of the day...and as a result cleared up much of the clutter in our office/media room.    For the most part, I made better choices on my food intake, though I truly need to plan out my meals better.  After my walk, I was hungry and nearly started a "food frenzy"....stopped myself just on time!  Instead, I had a plain ham sandwich (no cheese) and seven almonds.     My other food choices for today:   B- Total cereal w/Almond Breeze unsweetened milk and banana;   L- Healthy Choice soup  (chicken and noodles) with crackers and a goat cheese spread.For dinner, Ralph made a wonderful 14 bean soup with plenty of veggies and ham!  Wow!  Am I blessed or what?!  :)  Snacks were fruit and Greek yogurt.   The good news is I stayed at my points today (26)!   However, WW is giving us the flexibility of adjusting our points and I will do so if needed.

On the exercise front,  in the late afternoon, I got in a 30 minute fast walk which felt exhilarating - both because of the coolness and the time of the day - almost dusk. Furthermore I have a NSV (non-scale victory) -  I am thrilled to say that my knees are holding up well - amazing since I haven't been swimming laps since several weeks!   I think not having had to stand for long periods of time as I did in the classroom day after day has really made a difference.   

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give myself an 8 today!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good eating day! :) and GREAT on the walking AND swimming. YOU GO GF!!!!!!

    Miriam

    ReplyDelete