Saturday, January 28, 2012

My 100 Days Challenge - Day 5 - The Magic Notebook

The "magic notebook", according to Linda Spangle, is a place to write favorite foods down when such thoughts come to mind.   Rather than eat them,  the idea is to write them down, and even add a description or picture of the food, and then anticipate the pleasure of eating the food in the future.  The purpose is to not to act upon the actual eating of the pleasurable food  (such as "trigger foods") but to place them in the "magic notebook" instead.   It's an interesting strategy which I haven't yet tried.   I think coupling this with a list of healthy recipes would be even more beneficial.   Most of my "trigger foods" are food items - not meals - such as  ice cream,  cookies, breads or other baked goods.   It would behoove me even more to have a "go to" list of substitutes - ex.  replacing ice cream with frozen yogurt;   replacing various baked goods with "healthy substitute" recipes, etc.   I think I need to have this on my computer in some kind of e-journal format as many of the recipes I find are online.  This is something I need to work on so I can choose the format, design, etc.   


To be Continued...   Time to call it a day as I just came back from a night out with an old friend and it's past 10:30 p.m....we spent nearly four hours at a restaurant catching up with each other's news, etc. 




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I meant to edit my comment not remove it! I was just going to say that you made me think of a few things with regard to the Magic Notebook and I am going to tackle that in my blog today. See ... you aren't a week behind me after all!
      Hope you had a good night's rest.

      Delete