Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thursday, January 5 - Food Plan going well; Exercise? Not so much...

I'm on my third day of making good food choices and keeping within my points  (in fact, today, I went 2 points under my allotted 26 points).  I've  also  been cutting out cheese (which I love!) and have made a mindful decision to reduce carbs.  For example,  I had no carbs at all at breakfast (an omelet with lots of spinach and mushrooms with 2 turkey sausage patties) and very little for dinner (ham, bean and veggie soup w/a few crackers).    I am also being mindful of eating enough fruits and veggies:  I had 3-4 portions of fruit and 2 portions of veggies.  Another NSV - my clothes are getting looser so it appears my eating plan is working!    I've been active (running errands, etc.)   but haven't actually exercised these past two days - I know I will need to work harder at keeping up with my exercise goals.  However, my week begins on Monday so I still have three days to get in this week's exercise.  Need to make MOVE IT OR LOSE IT my motto!  : )

Tomorrow evening, we're having guests for dinner - a traditional  Epiphany celebration which I learned from my French mother - we always celebrated Epiphany when I was growing up.  The menu tomorrow will be  grilled steaks;  grilled red potatoes and squash; salad;  and the "traditional"  King's Cake which Ralph is baking in a Fleur de Lys bundt cake pan with a small plastic "baby Jesus" baked inside the cake. The person who gets the piece with the "baby Jesus" is crowned King for the day - and needs to host the next dinner party!  Anyway, since there will be plenty of food and drinks (wine and champagne!),  I will limit my food portions and drink servings, as well as keep my points low during the day so that this meal does not upset my program.

I'll need to adjust my program within the next couple weeks since we'll be on the road next week - eating out from Monday through Thursday.  I will need to be VERY mindful of my food choices at restaurants during our stay in the Austin area.  From Thursday evening until sometime the following week, we'll be at my daughter's in San Antonio.  Since she prepares healthy meals, I should be able to stay OP without any problem.   Exercise will be a bit of a challenge prior to our arrival in S.A. as we will spend one entire day on the road, and two entire days looking at homes/properties, and in the evenings we will be visiting friends. There is a fitness room at our hotel so I may be able to fit in some exercise. On the other hand, exercise in San Antonio will not be a problem - I've spent many weeks there in the past and know the walking trails in my daughter's neighborhood very well!


1 comment:

  1. Oh your dinner sounds LOVELY!!!!!! What happens if you get the baby Jesus again? Will you have to host again next year?

    You are so smart to spend the next few weeks with mindful eating (rather than following a strict program). I've always envied people who can lose weight just by the mindfulness of it all.

    Enjoy your roadtrip!
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete