Sunday, January 29, 2012

100 Days Challenge - Day 5 (continued)


Yesterday, I discussed the strategy Linda Spangle presents on Day 5 of the 100 Day Challenge - The Magic Notebook.  I also discussed variations on how I can incorporate this in my journey.

Today,  Amazingly,  I found the perfect FREE App for the "magic notebook" (and lots of other stuff!).  It's called Evernote and I was able to find and download it on my Apple Apps on my Mac.   Here's a description of what it does:

Use Evernote to save your ideas, things you see, and things you like. Then find them all on any computer or device you use.
A few simple ideas to get you started
  • Click New Note and take down an idea or task.
  • Clip and save a webpage using a Web Clipper.
  • Use Evernote on your phone to snap a photo of a whiteboard, business card, or wine label. Evernote automatically makes text in your snapshots searchable!
Lots of useful features
  • Take notes, save images, create to-dos, view PDFs, and more 
  • Access your Evernote notes from any computer or phone you use
  • Search and find everything, even printed or handwritten text in images
In addition, it has a food app attached called Evernote Food!  Here is the link:   http://www.evernote.com/food

In the next several days,  I will be spending time getting acquainted with the App and discovering ways to use it.   However, I'm excited about it already as it seems to be perfect for saving recipes,  jotting down food ideas,  adding weblinks, photos etc.   When I get my Android phone  (soon, I hope),  I can also sync it to the phone!   Very cool!

Ok,  enough about the Notebook.  I need to go on to summarize the last two days as to how I've demonstrated my commitment on this journey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What did I do yesterday and today to demonstrate my TOTAL commitment? 
1.   My biggest challenge yesterday was eating out with my friend.   Fortunately, I chose the restaurant - China Star Bistro.   I know the menu well so pre-planning my meal was easy.   I ordered the Ocean Garden which was a wonderful medley of boiled seafood and mixed vegetables.   Along with it, I drank jasmine tea and had a small serving of white rice.   I only ate 1/2 of the plate and brought home the rest!   I know I ate too much sodium so I'm focusing on drinking as much water as I can today.    I also planned my dinner out by eating very light meals during the day.

2.  Today, I had yet another challenge....a birthday luncheon for my Mom at her foster care home.   In order to prepare for this meal,  my menu today is:   Breakfast - Greek yogurt, granola and berries;  Dinner will be a bowl of Healthy Choice soup  (Chicken and Vegetables) and fruit.    Lunch on the other hand was not "light".   My husband made King Ranch Chicken and I had a half serving.  Along with it, I had veggies and one tsp of the dip (ranch dressing), and fresh fruit.   Then came the piece de resistance" - the decadent chocolate cake my brother brought - and I had a relatively small piece  (but no doubt not small enough!).   

While I did exceptionally well on the dinner out last night, I "caved" on today's sumptuous dessert!  :( However,  I've stayed within my "weekly point allowance" for such events as birthdays, eating out, etc.    

Summary of my 1st Week:   
Overall, I feel I had a successful week - and I tribute it in part to this blog.  It's helped me stay focused on a daily basis.  I got in FIVE days of staying within my daily points this week and FOUR days of exercise!  A new week begins tomorrow and I plan to build on this 1st week of success with added exercise and a mindful, pre-planned eating program.  I know I have two days of eating out - one is at a friend's house for dinner and another will be on the weekend as we'll be traveling to the Sacramento Mountains for an overnight stay and concert - The Texas Tenors - at the beautiful Spencer Theater in Ruidoso, NM.    I should be able to plan ahead as I know where we'll eat dinner - at one of our favorites - Cattle Baron ( a Texas style steakhouse  - they have a well-stocked salad bar and serve seafood as well).   

1 comment:

  1. I love your summary at the end and how you posted what you did for the day to show your total commitment. I really like that! The app sounds wonderful... unfortunately I don't even have a phone - and even if I did, I think all those apps are way over my head!

    ReplyDelete