Sunday, April 15, 2012

100 Days Challenge - What I Need to Tell Myself



Once again, I need to re-inforce my belief that I can do this as I've taken leave of my program this weekend.  Too much food, too many desserts, not enough exercise...definitely  not a demonstration that I'm committed to my program!   Miriam, I want to thank you for your vote of confidence in me on your last post in the last entry I made.  However, I am not perfect - at times I do get lazy and/or have a tendency to procrastinate doing what I know I need to do.   I know myself and I know I do get in such "mood swings".    I found the "mantra" above and it was exactly what I need to tell myself so I can get back to "keeping on" my program...especially these last two statements:  "You are strong!   You can do this!"   I am a firm believer in "positive self-talk" so though I recognize my weaknesses, I need to re-affirm myself and my ability to "get over this hump" and return to the "can-do" spirit I need to be successful.  

I will return to this blog later today...hopefully with positive results of my resolve to re-commit myself to this journey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today turned out to be a great day!  Self-talk does work!!!  : )

 I kept well within my points  (best eating day in the last three days!).  Lots of protein (mostly fish), fruit, lots of veggies and whole grains.  Almost NO SUGAR (except a few grams in my light Activia yogurt) and NO BREAD!   Yay me!

I got in a 30 minute video exercise tape with "power walking" and stretches.  Really needed the stretches!  

This week, I got in 4 days of exercise!  Guess I haven't been a total slug!  LOL

3 comments:

  1. I too am in an awful hump. I go for days and do well then completely fall off the wagon. I need to get hold of something in my brain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babs - glad you are back on track. I also strayed this past weekend... we had company and there was just too much of too many things. This week's meeting topic is positive self-talk. I think that if you don't go to meetings the topic should be on your eTools - it is exactly what you are saying in this post. We have to have positive self-talk and give ourselves more credit than we think is due... My new mantra (for this week)is: Protect the program at all costs. I would protect my children at all costs, and now, at this time in my life, why isn't my health just as important? At 8 in the evening last night I was standing at the stove making vegetable soup because I have been hungry days lately and needed soup to protect my program! I'm glad you are back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the saying at the top of your post. Great! And we are what we think. I'm a strong believer in that also. Nice to see you post again. Big hugs. xoxo

    ReplyDelete