Tuesday, April 3, 2012

100 Days Challenge - What have I learned on this Challenge?



"If one advances confidently in the
direction of his dreams, and endeavors
to live the life he has imagined,
he will meet with a success 
unexpected in common hours." 
                                                                       - author unknown

Besides advancing confidently in the direction of my dreams,  I would also add that it's important to do so with tenacity!   I find that without it,  it's so easy to get side-tracked.   

This morning I woke up to the realization that I had lost yet another pound and have averaged a loss of one pound per week.   This is by far the most success I've experienced in a long time, and I'm anxious to continue my journey.   I'm also realizing that I've picked up quite a few "new habits" which I've put into practice  --- thanks to what I've learned on this "Challenge".   I often use the mantra, "Do It Anyway!".  I no longer feel guilty leaving food on my plate.   I am monitoring my "hunger level"  closely and deciding when I feel satisfied and no longer need to eat, as well as trying to "slow down" in order to savor the food I eat.    I am also leaving "old habits" behind such as replacing snacks heavy in carbs with healthier choices.   I am giving myself daily reminders as to WHY I need to stay committed and the reviewing exactly HOW I have stayed committed each day.  I am conscious of staying within my boundaries and rarely widen those boundaries.   


To sum it up, I am doing what I need to do to "protect my program".   I am 'doing' instead of just thinking about what  I need to do.  I am truly moving confidently in the direction of my dreams!  


I would like to share this video - it's a wonderful reminder of why it's essential to exercise tenacity ( and why we should never quit!)


http://www.thedontquitpoem.com/

Postscript:   I read all of the above to my husband this evening, and he shared with me that he's been inspired by my success and wants to join me!!!  Yay!



1 comment: