Wednesday, April 11, 2012

100 Days Challenge - Keep on Keeping On


 I need to continue to remind myself to keep on blogging, keep on exercising, keep on tracking points and keep on making healthy choices....in other words, this is all about Keep On Keeping On everything that makes this journey work!!!

Today, I returned to my lap swimming...it had been way too long since I had gone to the pool -   Why I continuously get off the tried and true path of this journey, I do not know - must be laziness.  My son has been monitoring my progress as well as cheering me on - but he is also the one who is the most blunt about reminding me what will happen if I don't keep on this journey!  And he's right!  So after our phone conversation yesterday, I dragged my body back to the pool today!   And felt great, of course!!!  Geesh...why am I sometimes my own worst enemy?!!  Thank God I've got someone to "kick me in the pants" when it is most needed!  :)  

I felt amazing today after my lap swimming.  Unfortunately, I only made it to 15 laps - I will need to build up my endurance and strength again as I had gone up to nearly a mile - 27 of the 32 laps which makes a mile.   The good news is, however, is that this is my 2nd day of exercise this week, and I plan to add at least three more days, maybe even four.  I feel I have returned to making a "total commitment" to my journey and that, too, is a great feeling!

What did I do today to demonstrate my TOTAL COMMITMENT to my program?

I tracked and stayed within my points.

I swam laps for 30 minutes at the pool.


2 comments:

  1. Babs - You are not lazy. This week's WW topic is finding a Plan B (which, of course, is difficult if you do not have a Plan A!). Maybe the swimming just isn't working for you right now - going to the Y, getting in your suit, getting wet, having to dry, shower and change, get from the Y to where you need to be. Let me repeat: YOU ARE NOT LAZY. Maybe what you need is a Plan B that is just as valid as your Plan A (swimming). Take an extra walk for the day might be an idea, or couple walking with another activity - like walking AROUND a mall (either inside or literally around the mall if it is a strip-mall). YOU ARE NOT LAZY. And, don't fall victim to all or nothing thinking. If you have done ONE thing in a day that makes progress toward your goal, then you have success!
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope I don't think you are lazy either. Cause if you are that makes me lazy too and I am not ready to admit to that!

    ReplyDelete