Wednesday, April 4, 2012

100 Days Challenge - Day 32 - The 5 Hour Rule




Success isn't how far you got, but the
distance you traveled from
where you started.

- Proverb 

Another way of saying this is "success is a journey, not a destination"!   So very true!  This is also a life-long journey as many of my friends already know.  Even though they may have reached their goal,  they still view themselves as eternal travelers on a journey to stay healthy.  

I've not focused on the topics on the 100 Day Challenge these past couple of days as I need to spend time reflecting on how far I've come since I started the Challenge.  I'm nearly 1/3 of the way through the Challenge, but I need to say that when I reach Day 100, my own journey will be far from over!  However, my hope is that the first 100 days will help me become completely dedicated and committed to this life-long journey, and that along the way, I will have gained some introspection and picked up some strategies and tools to help my journey become more successful.  I believe that this is already happening!

The topic for Day 32 is "the 5 hour rule".   Here is a synopsis of "the rule":

When you feel really famished, you’re a lot more likely to eat too much. You’re also far less particular about your food choices. To prevent this, use a five-hour rule to manage your hunger. Anytime you go longer than five hours between eating, you greatly increase the risk of overeating. 

I have just recently discussed incidents when I have exceeded five hours between meals and the consequences that have developed as a result.  When I wait too long to eat, I tend to eat whatever is in sight!   I find that I can manage my food plan better if I've planned my meals ahead of time and actually mapped out a meal schedule as well.     Now that I'm retired, my schedule has become less structured so it's up to me to not only plan my meals, but also my mealtimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment