Tuesday, May 1, 2012

100 Days Challenge - Happy May Day!




It's good to finally get back to blogging my journey after taking a 2 week "sabbatical". I think I should change this "100 Day Challenge" to a "1000 Day Challenge" as at the rate I'm going, it's going to take me that long to finish it.  LOL   That's OK as I  knew this journey was going to go way over 100 days.   Life happens and try as I may, I cannot always "drop everything" to blog.  That's not to say I'm not "working my journey".  I am - more days than not.   I do better, however, when I blog AND exercise AND focus on my food plan all at the same time.  For me, the components all work together.

Today is May Day which in many countries is celebrated as "Labor Day".   What an appropriate day to return to my blog - as this journey truly is "hard work"!   However, I'm at a good place now in my personal life  (the adoption of my two little granddaughters has take place!) and have more time now to focus on me.   On the other hand, there will no doubt be other "sabbaticals" as we will more than likely be moving this summer - probably to the North Central part of Texas  (near Fort Worth).

As I said, I am working my journey.   I've been eating healthy 80% of the time - have strayed an average of once a week  (mostly with desserts).    I've also gotten back to my exercise routine though I would like to add more to my repertoire.

How did I demonstrate my commitment today?


Exercise - 45 minutes of lap swimming and 5 minutes of water aerobics

Food Plan -
Breakfast - Fiber One cereal w/unsweetened almond milk and banana;  Lunch - scrambled eggs and turkey sausage;  1/2 biscuit;   yogurt, fruit and granola
Dinner -  6 oz steak and mushrooms;   carrots and red-skinned potatoes
Snack -  Activia w/fruit and a sprinkling of granola

In retrospect, I had plenty of fruit, protein, dairy...but needed more veggies as I skipped the large salad I had planned for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see you back. So wonderful that your grand babies are finally yours!

    ReplyDelete