Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Journey Continues



    As I mentioned in my previous post, my husband and I needed to make a decision as to whether we would pick up our journey where we left off, or change it up - now that the 5 Day Juicing Spring Clean was over.   We made our decision today - and what we've decided to do is Juice for the next three weeks for three days each week...three days all day juicing, and four days only partial juicing.   The reason is we'd like to take off my pounds before we leave on our vacation in early May.   We will most likely return to a 5 Day Juicing Fast after our vacation - more as a detox.  Then we'll decide again how we want to proceed with our Journey.  I know I've said this before, but it bears repeating - it makes it so much easier to do this Journey with my husband than without him.   We are truly each other's "support system".  

   We do intend to continue being adventurous with our juicing - by using a variety of recipes.   For example, on Monday, we're trying out two totally new recipes - one is apple, pears,  parsnips, along with with mint and lime.   What a melody of flavors!  Another new recipe for us on Monday will be:   apple, carrots, beetroot (just one for both of us as it does have a strong taste as we found out when we tried making a juice with beetroot last week).  The apple, carrots and beetroot are first juiced in a juicer,  and then blended in a blender with blackberries!   Sounds wonderful!   We will also try something we didn't do during the past week (yet it was in the program so I'm not sure why we omitted it) - having the "Ginger Shot" at the beginning of each day - a shot glass filled with apple and ginger root juiced together.  Jason Vale describes this as "a shot with a massive impact"!  He actually learned about this juice while in Denmark - and has this to say about its effects:


"Regardless of whether I am on a particular juice plan or not, I make sure that the first nutrition to hit my system everyday is a Ginger Shot. Not only was this super shot responsible for curing my severe hay fever, but it’s also a natural antibiotic; a wonderful decongestant; natural anti-inflammatory; great for travel sickness; it inhibits the formation of blood clots and helps to lower cholesterol. Ginger is also loaded with minerals, including – copper, potassium, sodium, iron, calcium, zinc, phosphorus and magnesium. Ginger juice is simply one of the finest health tonics on earth."


And so The Journey Continues....

1 comment:

  1. I didn't do the 5 day journey but I did watch all his videos and have added ginger to most of my juices. I am really hoping it helps me as it does him.

    ReplyDelete