Thursday, April 11, 2013

5 Day Spring Cleanse - Day Four

This morning I took a peak at the scale - looks good!  I had set a "goal" before the week started and it looks like I might even reach it!   My official WI day isn't until Monday and Jason Vale does suggest that we weigh ourselves a few days after the Cleanse as it takes time for weight to readjust.  He also says not to weigh ourselves during the Cleanse as weight tends to fluctuate so much from day to day.

Since this morning was another avocado smoothie, we did the berry smoothie again - my husband really hates avocado!   We've made other variations on recipes - don't think it matters too much as long as we are getting lots of nutrients and not 'cheating'.   We've also eaten 2 or 3 pieces of fruit throughout the day - which is allowed  (they are called SOS's) - and I've continued eating my Activia yogurt at the end of the day.  Since yogurt is allowed in the smoothie, that should also be acceptable.

We started this morning with our smoothie at about 8:30, and had our early afternoon juice at about 1:30 p.m.   The name of that Juice is Minty Sunshine - primarily since it has both oranges and mint.  However, we had to substitute pears for the oranges (we had run out of the oranges and I hadn't realized that we needed them as they were left off of the grocery list I printed out).   The other ingredients were carrots, lemon and lime, ginger root and mint!   The result was a very delicious and refreshing drink!   I look forward to having a repeat of last night's drink this evening - except this time I'll remember to add the broccoli!   It's important to get a variety of vegetables and fruit as each one has a different set of nutritional benefits.

On to Day 5....


No comments:

Post a Comment