Thursday, April 25, 2013

Getting Back on Track ~ Again!


Wow!  It's been two weeks since my last blog entry!  Definitely time to "get back on track"!  Truth be told, even though I hadn't been keeping up with my blog, I had stayed on track until last Friday when we took off for an impromptu trip to Dallas/Fort Worth - a nine hour drive each way, so two days on the road and two days actually there!   We met my son and looked at over a dozen properties together - trying to find the "perfect one" for our family!   It's been a challenging venture but it does  look like we're getting closer to making this happen!

The fact is each time we take off on a trip, we do get off our program somewhat. Too much eating out does tend to sabotage our efforts at times, even when we try to make good choices.   I came back with a two pound gain - probably half of that being water retention (sodium in restaurant food as we all know is atrocious!).   But we are back on track - combining juicing with eating small meals.   Today I started the day with a wonderful spinach and mushroom omelet and a thin slice of home-made oatmeal bread, a wonderful veggie juice for lunch, and our dinner will be a large veggie salad with spinach, romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery mushrooms, avocado, and a 1/2 cup of canned salmon.

Returned to my fitness routine today - 45 minutes of lap swimming.  Felt great to return to swimming after being away from the pool for a week!   I plan to return on Saturday morning as tomorrow I have a funeral to attend.   Next week, I'll try to get in two days of swimming as we are heading to Montana on Thursday.  More challenges with food choices - but we'll do the best we can!  However, staying at the condo in Montana will help us avoid eating out more than we need to - at least that's what I'm hoping!


1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back home (for a little while at least) and back on track. Congratulations on losing the two pounds instead of adding two more!
    Hope you have luck with the properties you are looking at! :)
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete