Wednesday, April 10, 2013

5 Day Spring Cleanse - Day Two and Three

I am combining Day 2 and 3 of the Spring Cleanse on this post.

Both my husband and I struggled a bit yesterday (Day 2) and both of us got a bit cranky as a result!   Jason Vale, the JuiceMaster who has been heading this Spring Cleanse sends out videos each day - and he did in fact name yesterday as "Tetchy Tuesday".  He sure hit it on the nose!  We both had fleeting thoughts of eating solid food - but we kept telling each other - hey, this is only for FIVE days - we can do it!   I'm so grateful that we are doing this together - it's such a tremendous help to be each other's support!  I also joined a support group on Facebook - they call themselves Inspired by Jason Vale.  It's been a great help to know that others are also having those fleeeting moments of "why am I doing this?"  And everyone else is great at keeping each of us on track!  Also, the recipes yesterday were not quite as good as the first day - but then I realized that I had put too much raw beetroot in the Ruby Tuesday drink - and had not blended the second juice which was with avocado as much as I needed to so it was too lumpy.  My husband is not a fan of either beets nor avocado so he was not too happy with either one.  I do like both but even I realized I had messed up a bit on the recipe.  They were OK - just not as great as the Turbo With A Kick which we had the first day.   I did end the day with a great conversation with a friend of mine from the Chicago area who is just starting to juice and had some questions and needed both advice and suggestions.  It ended up being a "pep talk" for both of us - we both know exactly WHY we want do this, and how important it is - not just for short term results, but in the long term as well.   It was great talking to someone who is on the same page I am!  Thanks, Elaine, for the vote of confidence and I'm glad we're in this together!  : )

This morning, which is now Day 3, has started off on a more positive note.  In fact, I woke up really energized!   We also started out today with another delicious drink - a berry and yogurt smoothie!   I made it into a protein shake with whey protein and also added unsweetened almond milk.   My spirits today are higher than they've been all week.  Of course, that's exactly what both Joe Cross and Jason Vale have said - when one does a Juice "fast", as the days go on, one feels better and better!   That makes it so much easier to see it through to the end, and now I'm actually considering doing yet another 5 Day "Fast" next week!   We're also planning to do a 5 or 7 Day Cleanse next month after we return from our vacation.  Juicing has certainly become a permanent part of our lifestyle!

It's only now 10 a.m. so I will add to this entry at the end of the day - and comment then on how the rest of the day unfolds...

Here it is, the following day and I'm just now completing this post which I started yesterday.  The rest of the day went well - the only time I felt hungry was when I realized I needed to drink water.   That is one reminder I constantly have to give myself - as since all my meals are juices or smoothies, I tend to forget that I also need lots of H20 to keep myself hydrated.

The last juice of the day was nearly identical to the juice we've made our mainstay in the past several weeks we've been juicing.   It's a great one as it's packed with nutrients - here is the recipe:
apples
pears
cucumber
celery
spinach
ginger root
limes

We were also supposed to add broccoli stem but forgot to.  However, we added celery which wasn't the actual recipe.   An ingredient that we normally add to our "mainstay" recipe is carrots - which wasn't in this recipe.   Carrots tend to be quite tasty and filling and we enjoy just about any recipe that includes them.

On to Day 4!....


No comments:

Post a Comment