Friday, April 12, 2013

5 Day Spring Cleanse - Day Five has arrived!



Thought this graphic was cute - and appropriate since more than 25,000 people from literally dozens of countries around the globe took part in Jason Vale's 5 Day Spring Cleanse!  I joined an international forum on Facebook with hundreds of members participating in the cleanse.  It's been fun sharing our ups and downs with others from around the world during these past five days.

Arriving at Day Five of the 5 Day Cleanse is almost anti-climatic for me.  I know it's not the end of the  journey - if anything, I'm thinking of how I can keep up the momentum I've felt during this week!   As anyone who has started Juicing should know, unless one makes a paradigm shift about eating, the taste of "success" will only be temporary.  Today seems to be more of a reflective day for me rather than a day to celebrate the end of the Juice Fast! I actually look forward to continuing this new eating lifestyle I've embraced!

I've downloaded this book by Jason Vale into my Kindle: "Juice Yourself Slim: the Healthy Way to Lose Weight Without Dieting".  I do see Juicing as a paradigm shift and a wonderfully easy way to lose weight without missing out on good nutrition.  It expedites weight loss like no other program IMO.  Once again, it has to be incorporated into one's eating lifestyle - it cannot be just a 'temporary fix'.   I am fine with combining juicing and eating solid meals on a daily basis - either two juices and one solid meal, or one juice and two solid meals depending on the events of the day.  I will say that so many of the recipes are so delicious, it's really not difficult to embrace this way of life!   I'm also finding out that I am acquiring new taste buds as the combination of the huge variety of vegetables and fruits on the recipes I've tried result in some very interesting juices!  There are a few I've not liked as much as others - but then that's true for meals in general.   

Another way I'm acquiring "new taste buds" is how I feel about "junk food" and foods that are laden with sugar and fats.  Jason decribes this as a mentality shift - going from "I want - but cannot have" attitude to "I can - but do not actually want" attitude.  I look at photos or ads of foods which simply are not healthy and have no cravings for them - this is including rich desserts, burgers, just about anything fried, etc.   As he says, this frame of mind eliminates the need for willpower and this frame of mind is a "slimmer's dream".  If one no longer craves "trigger foods", then there is no longer that internal mental battle which is so common among "dieters".   

Not surprisingly, this week of all day juicing has become easier by the day.  Would I do all day juicing again?   Absolutely!   In fact, the recommendation is once every three or four months.   There's lots of flexibility for those of us who are still on a journey to lose weight (which for me is still about 50 pounds -so I still have a long ways to go!).   There is the 5-2-5 program which is all day juicing during the week and eating 'normal' on the weekends.  There are 5 Day, 7 Day or 10 Day  - and up to 30 day programs both on Jason's website and on Joe Cross's website.   

Jason Vale also recommends that the solid foods we add back to our eating lifestyle, as much as possible, should be LHI (low Human Intervention) which means foods that come from a natural source - such as organic farms, etc.  with a heavy emphasis on veggies, fruits, eggs, and some poultry and fish.  More and more healthy eating advocates are promoting the low HI way of eating.  Of course, this is easier accomplished when one lives near such farms or has access to a Farmers' Market - or better yet, if one can grow his or her own veggies!  

Now that the 5 Day Spring Cleanse is over, I will simply continue my journey as I need to do!   I'm now 17-18 pounds less than I was at the beginning of this year - so if I continue at this pace, I just might be able to make my goal before the end of the year!  I look forward to the continuation of my Journey to Better Health!  In fact, I don't think I've ever been this excited about my journey as I am now!




No comments:

Post a Comment