Friday, January 11, 2013

Keeping Active



I have finally added exercise to my routine - and it feels great!  When I re-started last week, I hadn't exercised - which is partly why I was so surprised that I had lost so much weight in one week.   This week, I've added MOVEMENT which is a vital part of my journey.  So far, I've been active three days this week:  on Wednesday, I worked for two hours on my feet stocking shelves at the Discovery Shop  (a thrift shop where I've started to volunteer - all proceeds go to the El Paso Child Crisis Center).  Yesterday, I did housecleaning  (lots of bending and stretching as I was clearing out bookshelves)  and walked 35 minutes with my husband, and today I did both grocery shopping and housecleaning.  While today's "movement" is not exercise per se,  I know how little I sat today - which for me is a really good thing!   I intend to get some kind of "movement" in every day - partly because I joined an online  21 Day Get Moving Challenge  with a fitness coach named Nicole Kellerman.  My blogging buddy Jan gave me the idea on her own blog - and we are both participating in the challenge.   For me, it's not necessarily about doing her youtube workouts - it's all about getting movement in each and every day.   However, I will be adding her workouts - and other workouts I have on DVD to my exercise routine - and next week, it's back to the pool for me for my lap swimming routine!    

Next week....we will start JUICING - something both my husband and I are excited about!   We finally got our materials/resources/juicer - so we are good to go!!!    I will be a "newbie" at this so it will be a learning adventure and I will be sharing the experience here on my blog.

It looks like each week, I am adding something "new" to my journey! I want to make this journey as exciting as I can - so that I can stay motivated throughout this year.  When the journey becomes "stagnant", that's when it's easy to start skipping a day - which then becomes a few days - and then a few weeks...I think you get the picture!    I would like to quote from a newsletter by Dotti Coon - the webmistress of Dotti's Weight Loss Zone:

Recommitting (to one's journey) is a great way to get that "newbie" feeling back. What exactly is a "newbie" feeling? Let me tell you all ~ it is a feeling of excitement, adventure and confidence in learning new things to improve ourselves, both mentally and physically. It is that feeling of constantly being energized by everything around us - yes, you see many things in a whole new light. You cannot stop talking about your new lifestyle and all you've learned. You are smiling a lot and wondering why everyone has not started this fantastic Journey of their own. You will also notice that your "newbie" feeling is contagious and before you know it some of your friends and family have jumped on the bandwagon. It is a great feeling!   

This is exactly what I want my journey to be - exciting, energizing, motivating!!!

1 comment:

  1. I need to grab hold of the "newbie" feeling. I am looking forward to reading about your juicing. I have always been interested in it.

    ReplyDelete