Monday, May 14, 2012

100 Days Challenge - Day 38 - Synchronizing My Program

"Energy is the essence of life. Every day
you decide how you're going to use it by
knowing what you want and what it
takes to reach that goal, and by 
maintaining focus." - Oprah 


Even though I haven't posted in my blog for a week, I have been working hard to protect my program.   I do find a few of the topics in the 100 Day Challenge irrelevant so I've substituted topics from time to time - this is one of those times.   The actual topic is "Food as Power" - and I've pondered over this for a while and honestly cannot relate to it.    Instead, I will discuss where I am right now on my journey.   Seems to be truly what I should be focusing on!   


I do love the quote above by Oprah Winfrey.   It speaks to me since this is exactly what I am doing and need to continue to do - know what I want, know what it takes to reach my goals, maintain focus and use my energy productively so that I can accomplish it all!   There it is in a nutshell!      I actually plan out my Google calendar with my exercise program at the beginning of each week - usually on Sunday.  I schedule 4-5 days of exercise and get in at least three days.   However, there are days I "double-up" -  with 30-40 minutes of aerobic walking and 50 minutes of lap swimming.   All in all, on the exercise front, I'm doing great!  


I'm still not tracking my points on my Food Tracker, and I suspect that that may be why I've been on a plateau for quite some time.  I've been playing with the same two pounds like a "see-saw" for a good six weeks or so  and haven't lost any weight since late March.   I actually think I'm not eating enough and that is backfiring on me!  As I write this, I am resolved to rectify this by returning to my WW Food Tracker TONIGHT - right after I complete this blog entry.  Why is it that when  we admit what the problem is on paper, the solution becomes more obvious!?   Another good reason to continue blogging!   : )


It does seem that either I do well on my Food Plan or I do well on my Exercise Program.   The goal here is then to get them both in sync!   And that, dear friends, is my goal for the week - to create a "holistic program"  - one that actually works together.   Since I've been exercising regularly,  I do have ENERGY - so no excuse really not to get it together.    


Next week, I'll be in the Southern Colorado Rockies - a whole week in Pagosa Springs at a resort!   Nothing to do except spend time relaxing, walking, enjoying the scenery -  and focus on my health, of course!  I intend to bask in the wonderful alpine mountains...and in the mineral hot springs !  : )    A true "Rocky Mountain High"!!!   

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya! It is hard for me to sync my food and exercise too.

    ReplyDelete