Tuesday, May 8, 2012

100 Days Challenge - Day 37 - A Great Day!



Had a great day today - lots of exercise, eating right - one of those feeling stronger, healthier "on top of it all" kind-of-day!   I'm more prone to WANT to blog when I have one of these days then when I've had a sluggish, "fell off the wagon" kind-of-day".

I woke up  and did my usual morning stretches.   For breakfast, I made both my husband and me a Biggest Loser Protein Shake - added berries and flax seed.  Also ate a Fiber One muffin packed with blueberries.   Then we left for the park and walked at a good, fast pace for 30 minutes  (probably 1.75 miles or so).  We've decided to walk three times a week together - for at least 30 minutes and then build on that.  I also went to the Y pool and did my laps for a good 45 minutes, plus 5-10 minutes of water aerobics.  Wow!  Felt great!!  At home, I cleared out a cabinet  (we're getting ready to move and tons of "stuff" to get rid of).  Felt very energetic - must have been the great "jumpstart" I had at the beginning of the day!  I did feel tuckered out, though, after my swim.  

My food plan went well - had several mini-meals today - starting with the breakfast I described above.  Prior to going to the pool at 12, I had a slice of low cal/ww bread w/pb.  After I came home from the pool, I had a bowl of light Activia yogurt w/a TBSP of plain Greek yogurt - and mixed in strawberries and a TBSP of granola.   At 5 p.m. , I had an apple pecan salad which I had picked up at Wendy's  - added grape tomatoes and 1/2 of an avocado to the salad.  About three hours later, I had a turkey sandwich.  I think I was hungry because of all the exercise I had done!

Hoping to keep up the momentum for the rest of the week!

The topic for Day 37 is "I Love to Eat!".   Really?  Now would I have a weight problem if I didn't love to eat?!!   Actually, this appears to be a prelude to the next topic which is "The Power of Food".   Here are the exercises:

1.  Make a list of foods you absolutely love.  (I have way too many to list...but here are a few - ice cream, yogurt, avocado, all kinds of fish, dark chocolate, all things French (just about!)...and I could go on and on.



 2. Explore what you love about these foods. Consider the flavor and texture as
well as the settings where you typically eat them. (seems we've done this several times already so I'm skipping this one.)


3. In addition to the flavors of good food, notice other things that you love about eating. Is it possible that what you love isn’t related to the food at all? Record your insights below. (this seems to be leading up to the next topic - The Power of Food).

I'll "explore" my feelings about food and share my insights to #3 in the next topic.


1 comment: