Wednesday, February 1, 2012

100 Days Challenge - Day 7 - I Can Do It!


This photo is the one that I think best expresses my "can-do" attitude.  Just as the girl in the picture is appearing to do,   I am indeed embracing this journey!  While I don't expect to be on a natural high every day, I am finding that I'm having more days of feeling energized, stronger, and fitter.  Amazing what one week of being totally committed can do to one's spirits!   I do feel extremely fortunate that I now have the time to devote to my journey.   Not only am I blessed with time,  but with support from family and friends, unlimited resources  (thanks to the internet!), and my faith and determination!   I do believe what  I'm doing is the best thing I can possibly do for myself.  I have a family who worries about my health so improving my health will not only be a gift to myself but a gift to them as well!

Day Seven is all about believing in oneself and being one's own cheerleader.  How can I possibly succeed if I don't believe in myself?   Linda Spangle suggests repeating self-affirmation phrases several times a day.  However, what is even more affirming to me is the DOING not just the TALKING.   Every time I make a decision that is good for my journey - whether it be pre-planning my meals, eating healthy foods, accomplishing my exercise goals, or even blogging - I feel good about myself for doing what I know will help me be successful on my journey.

The Bible says: “I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well” (3 John 1:2).   So very true!   I believe our body, mind and soul are interconnected,  so it's no wonder that aside from the obvious physical changes, there are intangible  changes  taking place within my spirit and my entire being as well.   I can honestly say that barring any medical crisis, I can and will continue this journey - it is after all a life-long journey!


What did I do today to demonstrate my TOTAL commitment?
Today,  I got in about an hour at the pool:  45 minutes of lap swimming and 10 minutes of water aerobics.   I did have to push myself but I took on the "Do It Anyway" attitude of Day 3 of this challenge.   As soon as I got to the pool,  I realized I was in my element - picking up speed and getting in another 3/4 of a mile.  


My meals were well balanced:   Breakfast - high fiber cereal with almond milk and a banana;  Lunch - salmon patty with lots of steamed veggies and tangelos;   Dinner - an omelet with turkey cold cuts, 1/2 avocado, a sprinkling of cheese with 2 high fiber toasts. I also had a small glass of light orange juice.   My snack consisted of Greek yogurt and honey with 1/4 cup of natural granola.   

2 comments:

  1. Keep going keep going! Imagine life not stuck in a wheelchair or with a walker in the future, that is what you are saving your self from!,,,,,,, I am very much not blessed with time. Any ideas for me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad for you that you are so energized by this program. It's true that one day builds on the one before. I don't think it will ever be easy, but I'm looking forward to "easier" - which seems to be the swing of things you are in. Love your commitment!

    ReplyDelete