Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Finding Peace Within My Journey



I'm starting today's blog entry with some good reminders - especially since I refuse to beat myself up because I got off my program last week!   We took an unexpected almost week long trip to a funeral in Indiana with stops along the way and back.  I once again made good food choices but some not-so-good ones as well (especially with sweets).   I haven't gotten back on the scale yet - want to give myself a week to get back on track.  It may take longer than that - but I've got my determination back and I've returned to tracking.

On the three encouragements above, I especially like #2.   It's a matter of asking the question - is this something only my tastebuds want  or is it something that's good for me and for my body?  I also like the idea of feeling peaceful, and asking the question:  "Is this food going to add to my peace, or take away from it?"  Oh, and I should add that the above poster comes from the bible study I've started entitled "Made To Crave", the title of a book by Lysa Terkeurst.   It is also helping me focus on the fact that craving spiritual fulfillment can replace other not-so-healthy cravings!   Another book that makes a similar point is one by Deepak Chopra:  What Are You Hungry For? 

So here I am, back to journaling, tracking, and feeling generally at peace about myself and my journey!  What else could I ask for?   In the days and weeks ahead, I will continue sharing this journey which has now taken a spiritual pathway in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely poster and blog entry - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love #2 as well. I need to stop and ask myself that.

    ReplyDelete