Thursday, January 16, 2014

Movement Challenge


Since "challenges" are a part of my journey,  the next few weeks, I'll be discussing two co-related challenges,  One is the "Made To Crave" Bible Study and the second is the Nicole Kellerman 21 Day Wildly Alive Get Moving Challenge, of which I'm about to complete the first week.  I tried it last year, but lost focus and dropped it but I'm so glad I signed up for it again as I am truly enjoying it!  My body is in better shape this year, my energy level is definitely higher, and - surprise, surprise! - the more I move, the better I feel!

This is my first week of the three week challenge - and I've done planned exercise every day except one.   This is also my 2nd week of tracking with WW online - and I'm using considerably less from my weekly point allowance than I did the first week  (from 20 out of the allotted 49 to only 4 in four days!).   I had a 2.2 lb loss last week, and the scale appears to be going downward this week as well.

Most important of all is how I feel.  I can honestly relate to the poster above - I feel great!  I am amazed at how much easier it is to move - I am more limber, I feel virtually no joint pain,  and I am less fatigued after each set of exercises I do - whether it's a 1.5 to 2 mile walk (there was a time when I would be exhausted after just one mile), or an exercise tape such as Leslie Sansone's walking and stretching tapes.

Note:  stopping here, but will be adding to this blog entry at the end of the week so I can evaluate the entire week.   Oh, and thank you, Elaine, for agreeing to be my Challenge Buddy!  So glad we are doing this together!


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful! So happy for you and your successes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I 'd forgotten that I did once open an email account with google....so will I only see you when I 'm opening up emails on this "dormant" google email address?
    Anne
    PS Chris and I just skyped with FB...it worked fine....we could give that a "try"?
    Currently I am not being very faithful with my "physical activities". Alfons and I do go for long walks together...at a rather quick tempo...and I have made a date, last night at a dinner party we were at, to go jogging with a girlfriend of mine with whom I'd actually started jogging with all those years back....and probably not been jogging with her since 14yrs or thereabouts.....Once I started "school" full-time and then afterwards the full-time job(s) we just never got "coordinated' again! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling great! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete