Monday, January 6, 2014

Addressing Goal Number One - My Health Journey


Yesterday, I listed my goals for the year.  Today, I am addressing Goal #1:  a return to my journey of good health.   It's not that I ever totally left that path, but I did get side-tracked this year with the move and a myriad of other reasons.

After much self-debate, I finally signed back up to WW Online TODAY!  Looking forward to the six weeks of webcasts on their "new" Simple Start program - which begin tomorrow!  It's not really a new program as it's mostly based on Simply Filling but it does include two weeks of optional menus, recipes - with shopping lists, etc. etc. I'm not a creative cook so I appreciate assistance in those areas.  Since I've never done Simply Filling,   I expect to gain new information from the webcasts.   I also want to track food and exercise and WW has user-friendly tools to do so.  I signed up for 3 months and will decide in early April whether or not I want to continue.   I am also encouraging my husband to join me - always works better if we set goals together and I know he's as anxious to lose the weight he's gained these past several months as I am!   We both have regained about 1/2 of the weight we initially lost in 2013.   At least we're starting at a lower number than we did a year ago!

I'm also enlisting help from the personal trainer who worked with me in the Fall. She taught me a lot about my own abilities  in the areas of weight-lifting and strengthening exercises  along with their healthful benefits.  I want to add the strengthening workouts to my other exercise routines -  walking and swimming.

It's time to return to my health journey, and I feel I'm off to a good start!


2 comments:

  1. Oh! Best of luck with your WW adventure. I hope that DH gets on board with you on that. Do you generally do dinners together with the whole family every night? It is a great way to also teach the girls about portion sizes and nutritious food.
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start! I am anxious to hear how you like the new start to WW. I have debated going back but there are so many foods I still can't eat that trying to follow a program can be difficult.

    ReplyDelete