Sunday, March 3, 2013

Our Paradigm Shift and Its Effect on Cravings




I'm going to post something I posted on DWLZ  (Dotti's Weight Loss Zone) today - as both a point of discussion and something I will be researching.   We have been mainly eating vegetarian meals since we started juicing (with the exception of eggs). The weirdest part of it all is we have almost no cravings for meat, sweets, and processed foods anymore. My husband says his cravings has also been greatly reduced - a big deal for him as he is/was a carboholic.   I can say that I look photos of desserts, steak, etc - and the craving is just not there anymore. A friend posted a photo on Facebook today - a big juicy hamburger with a post saying she could not wait to have one.  I looked at it, and it did absolutely nothing for me!  I can't explain it, but I can't say I'm disappointed as I haven't felt this healthy in years! 

Yesterday,  at a Red Hat luncheon, we were served chocolate-covered cream puffs by the lady who hosted our group. I honestly would have preferred a plate of fruit! However, out of politeness, I ate a few bites - and left most of it.  Am I going crazy?!! The only real craving I do have these days is a craving for really good fruits and veggies!  I truly wonder what causes this to happen??   As I continue to read more and more about juicing, I continue to learn more about the positive effects of both juicing as well as by adopting a regime of  mostly fruits and vegetables  (see graphic below).  Some articles I've read say that the lack of cravings is psychological.  I wonder if that's true...or if there isn't something else going on with my body physiologically.  It's almost as if my body is telling me it just doesn't want sugar, fats, etc. now that I've been filling it with nutrient-dense foods.       

Here is a great graphic on the paradigm shift in the eating lifestyle which we have adopted.  As you can see, it focuses heavily on veggies and fruits as opposed to meats, dairy, etc.    By the way, the doctor that created this food pyramid, Dr. Joel Fuhrman, is also the same doctor who was featured on Joe Cross's documentary, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead".    There are tons of interesting information on his website:   http://www.drfuhrman.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment