Friday, November 22, 2013

The Benefits of Strength Training - a learning experience!



I have added a fairly new dimension (for me) to my journey - strength training.  I've also been fortunate to have done so with a personal trainer whom I believe is very gifted.  She knows what my needs are and tailors the exercises to exactly what I need.

I started strength training at the beginning of September, generally twice a week for about an hour during each session.   I have missed about two weeks so I've had perhaps 15 sessions to date.   I'm just now venturing on my own and have started to do some of the routines without my trainer - such as this week since she is not available.

The results of the strength training I have undertaken have  been significant.   Not only have my posture and balance improved, but I have strengthened my limbs, most especially my knees which have been my nemesis for several years!  My arms and shoulders are stronger as well as my core. As an example, I have increased sit-ups by 5 per week and am up to thirty.  Strength training has also changed my body shape, and I feel and look fitter.

In the weeks and months ahead. I will share the actual exercises and the on-going results of this added dimension of my personal fitness routine.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome Babette! Strength training is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete