Friday, May 17, 2013

Overcoming those Vacation Indulgences - or Taking Off the Fluff!




It goes without saying that unless one is going to a health spa for vacation, weight gain when is nearly inevitable - and for me, that meant a three pound gain!  I will say that I indulged more than once - my downfalls were huckleberry ice-cream!  What saved me from gaining more weight is the fact that we often prepared our own meals in the condo where we were staying - and tried hard to fix only healthy and low calorie meals - soups, salads, etc.  We also splurged by eating out - especially during our travel excursions, but didn't do too badly in our food choices.  In fact, we ate twice at a cafe in Flathead, Montana because the vegetable soup was "to die for" - but then we also had their home-made sour dough bread!

Now that we're back home,  it's time to get the "vacation fluff" off.   We found that we actually missed our daily Juicing and were more than happy to return to our healthy nutrient-rich veggie juices.   We are also back to eating light meals - soups, salads, veggie omelets, etc.   As a result, I've lost 1.5 pounds this week, and expect to lose the other half of my weight gain quickly.

I've also made a "monumental decision" in my own program.  I decided to cancel my WW online subscription as I've found that WW doesn't jive well with Juicing as a way to lose weight and keep healthy.   This is not a "program" for us as it's become our eating lifestyle, or maybe we should just call it our new "norm".  We enjoy it, it keeps us healthy, and it's helping us lose weight.  We've decided to continue having our veggie juices and/or a smoothie along with one light meal each day during the week, and have one juice per day and two meals on weekends.  We also plan to continue this "norm" with our kids when we move together to North Texas this summer - as they are in agreement that this is a healthy lifestyle. In fact, it was my daughter who first introduced me to Juicing last summer although I didn't actually adopt this lifestyle until I watched the film by Joe Cross, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" in February.  I am now reading a book by Jason Vale entitled "Juice Yourself Slim:  Lose Weight Without Dieting".  It has given me a lot of motivation as well as ideas for adding healthy soups and other meals along with Juicing.

I will end this with a quote from Jason Vale:
True transformation to a healthy eating and juicing lifestyle is going from "what you want but can't have" to being grateful for what you now have (i.e a healthier body, etc).  It's also changing one's mindset to "what you can have but no longer want".   


EDITED (just two days later!):   I lost 2.7 of the three pounds I put on during our vacation within the first week home - YAY!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment