Monday, May 20, 2013

Motivation + Habit = Success!

I could not have said it better!   We were motivated in February by watching a documentary by Joe Cross, and here it is three months later, and it's definitely become a habit!  We continue to have a spinach/berry/banana yogurt smoothie and/or veggie juice nearly every day.  For variety, we also make big salads as a main meal.  We eat meat a few times a week - mostly chicken and fish.  Our dairy only consists of feta cheese and yogurt - and we have eaten light Laughing Cow cheese on occasion.  We often have veggie omelets or oatmeal for variety in the mornings.  We now only drink coffee on the weekend - otherwise, we have herbal teas.  As for breads, we have home-made bread occasionally.  When we eat out, we try to make healthy choices.   All of this has become our "norm" and both of us have felt healthier and more energetic since we've made these changes in our eating regime.

2 comments:

  1. What I love about this poster is the colorful beauty of it. I've recently gone sugar-free (about 6 weeks now) and when I was in front of the bakery class I just felt saddened by all the absolutely beautiful creations - cupcakes, cakes, specialty items - and realized that what I missed was not the sugar itself, but the use of it create beautiful items (I'm talking high-end bakery where a cupcake is upwards of $3 or more). I had actually decided to buy myself a beautiful colorful bouquet of flowers for every week I am sugar-free. However - and much cheaper - maybe I will try to find this poster and hang it in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miriam, I guess I focused more on the message and less on the graphics - but now that you mention it, it is a beautiful array of colors! It would indeed make a lovely poster!

    ReplyDelete