Saturday, August 24, 2013

Our First Summer in North Texas



I thought I'd start a pictorial essay about our first summer in our new home in Argyle, Texas.   A photo of the pool and back yard is fitting for this topic as we've spent many hours enjoying both!   

We also love the flowered trees surrounding the house.  There are several of these type of trees on  both sides of the front of the house (sorry, but I don't know what they are called!).   


In addition, there are lovely sage bushes.



We also spend a lot of time in the kitchen, truly the heart of the house.   This one includes my daughter who was preparing for our first family cookout.


And  here's a photo of my son, also taken in the kitchen:



What's a summer without ice cream outings?  Here's one we took to Yogurt Story on my birthday in July with Deniz (my daughter), Amanda (my son's girlfriend), and my two granddaughters, Hanna and Gigi.


Here's another photo of my birthday celebration with the lovely and colorful fruit tart that my daughter made.  With me is little Hanna, age 4, who thought I'd need help blowing out the candle!  : )



We also celebrated two more birthdays in August.  One was with Gigi who turned ten, and the other was my husband's birthday.  Here are a couple of photos from those outings.   The first two are from Gigi's birthday outing with her grandparents - which was a special event at the Grapevine Aquarium:   Sharks After Dark.    




Finally, Ralph and I celebrated his birthday with a wonderful dinner at a restaurant, also in Grapevine - Farina's Winery and Cafe.


Note: I will be adding a "part two" to this blog entry in the weeks to come since we still have a few weeks left before summer ends!

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos! Your summer has been wonderful so far :)

    ReplyDelete