Monday, July 15, 2013

The "Rules" of Blogging



      Today, I'm borrowing an excerpt from The Pioneer Woman:  
      http://thepioneerwoman.com/blog/2010/09/ten-important-things-ive-learned-about-blogging/ 

      I would like to focus on #5.  5. Allow your boundaries to set themselves naturally.
Don’t feel like you have to sit down and set rules about what you will and will not blog about from day one. Just blog, and see what feels comfortable for you.   
Up to now, my blog has mostly been about weight loss and becoming healthier.  However, there is "holistic health" which includes not only our eating lifestyle and physical fitness but also our overall spiritual, mental and emotional health.   After all, doesn't  our every day life and level of happiness affect our overall health?   So without changing the title of this blog,  I'm going to continue to explore and express myself on other topics of every day life.  I'm especially excited as we've moved to another part of Texas which has brought about major changes in our lifestyle.   We now share a 1.6 acre property in the country with our children and grandchildren rather than living in a large city on our own 500 + miles away from our family.   I admit I had some concerns about taking on such a change of lifestyle - but I find that the more I expérience in regard to our new home and new life, the more I like it!   Of course, I expect that there will be ups and downs as we adjust to our new lives.  Hopefully, this blog will encapture our new life and adventures here in North Texas.

So what are THE RULES OF BLOGGING?   It turns out there really aren't any hard set rules.  What it boils down to is this:


Sounds like just the "rules" I need to follow!   And so  "my journey" continues - and along with it, the twists and turns of my everyday life!    




2 comments:

  1. I have always believed that your blog should be about whatever you want. I am definitely not a one topic blogger. To me that would be very confining. I guess that's why "tidbits" appealed to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, Flo and Miriam have all inspired me to venture out and expand my horizons in regard to blog topics, Jan! : )

      Delete