Monday, February 11, 2013

Keep Moving Forward



As long as I know I'm on the right track, why would I do anything else but MOVE FORWARD?   For the last six weeks, I have been faithful in following what works for me - tracking, eating mindfully, and adding juicing to my eating regime.  That's not to say that I can't continue to make improvements my program - in fact, I will most likely need to tweak my program when I hit a plateau.   Even now, I want to increase the number of times a week I replace a meal with juicing - up to a meal every other day.    I've done some exercise (walking) but can certainly add more.  I also want to keep up with my blog - my goal is to update my journey at least twice a week.

I've lost a total of  7.7 pounds since I re-started my journey at the beginning of January which translates to an average of 1.3 pounds lost per week.  If I continue at this rate, I will be back to the 100's by the end of this month or early March!  For me, that spells S-U-C-C-E-S-S!   :)    In the past, I've lost very slowly - about .5 per week, and usually I hit plateaus very early on - mainly because I've been inconsistent with tracking and not faithful to mindful eating.   This time, I've been very faithful to tracking my food intake daily - only missing once in the past six weeks or so.   Best of all, I've not felt that tracking and eating mindfully are burdensome - probably because I like the results I'm seeing and I especially like how I feel as I take off the weight, and nurture my body with healthful eating habits.  I'm also setting up mini-goals for myself as thinking about how much further I have to go to get to a healthy goal weight is at times overwhelming!  My son has once again challenged me - but it is a do-able goal as it means losing 25 more pounds at which time he says he will take me on a trip to "someplace nice".  As he's moving to Hawaii soon, I can well envision where that "someplace nice" might be!   : )

Besides my body, I am also nourishing my mind by reading books that are helping my journey - specifically, the books I'm reading are A Course on Weight Loss by Marianne Williamson and Women, Food and God by Gineen Roth and several books on Juicing such as The Complete Book of Juicing by Michael T. Murray. Another book I've downloaded on my Kindle and have started to read is Weight Loss Boss: How to Finally Win at Losing--and Take Charge in an Out-of-Control Food World   by David Kirchhoff, the CEO of Weight Watchers - his own weight loss journey like so many others is motivating and his humility and candidness are refreshing.   In addition, I keep up with blogs by friends who are also on healthy eating journeys.  I also share and receive lots of support from family as well as friends.   Such support is vital - as it serves to remind me over and over again that "I am not making this journey alone".  


1 comment: